List of the best Information Security Certifications for 2012
I have been working in the Information Security field for more than 6 years now and without any doubt I can ascertain the importance of up skilling yourselves as a certified professional. Professional niche certifications not only provide you with the knowledge but also will be a credible source of assurance from certifying bodies.
Even though certifications will add to your experience on your resume while applying for a new job, its very critical that you choose the appropriate certifications to appear. Below is the list of core technical Information Security certifications and Audit oriented Information security Certifications.
Core Information Security Certifications:
- Certified Ethical Hacker (EC council approved CEH certifications)
- CISSP ( Information security certification with higher difficulty level)
- CWSP (Wireless Security certification)
- GCWN (GIAC Certified windows security admin)
- CCSA (Checkpoint firewall certified security admin)
- Cyber Security Forensic Analyst
- Certified Hacking Forensic Investigator
- Security +
- GIAC GSEC
Information Security Audit Certifications
- CISA (Certified information security auditor from ISACA)
- CISM (Certified information security manager from ISACA)
- ISO 27001 (ISO certification from BSI)
Generic certifications to add value to your InfoSec Career
- ITIL V3 Foundation for org strategy learning
- CCNA Security for networking / routing / switching and security
- MCSE / RHCE to understand the OS environments
Hope the above list and details have been helpful in your learning and development journey. I would be glad to answer any of your questions and also interested to know what your favorite InfoSec certifications are.